Class of 2015!
Senior Celebration takes place on April 23, 2015. Alumni Relations, Campus Life, and CAB are pleased to host an evening that celebrates your accomplishments during your four years at Berea College. Please note that that the reception and dinner will be an RSVP events in order to attend.
Please be aware that dinner will be limited seating due to capacity at Boone Tavern. The deadline for registration will be Friday, April 10th at 5:00pm. There will be no exceptions after this date. We will have child care in the activities room starting at 6:00pm. Please register your children for child care. We will NOT be providing food for them, so please bring what they will need. Child care will end at 9:00pm as soon as dinner is over at Boone Tavern.
For this evening we ask that you be dressed in business attire. Add #bereagrad to your Facebook and Instagram posts to see them on our Tagboard! If you have questions about that this means, please feel free to contact Lisa Colletti-Jones.
The application for degree is an important form; this should ideally be completed before your Senior year. The form can be found in the Self Service Room on the first floor of Lincoln Hall.
Here are some other important things to know before you graduate:
- GradFEST is a one-stop shop for graduating seniors to take care of all their business before graduation, including verifying degree status and ordering cap, gown and invitations.
- If you plan to go to graduate school, please submit your application for the Graduate School Application Test Fee Program as soon as possible since the money runs out quickly! This grant money can pay up to $550 for school visits, graduate-school test fees (GRE, GMAT, etc.), and application fees for eligible students. The guidelines and forms are available in the Self-Serve Room of the Student Service Center (101 Lincoln). Additional information can be found here.
- Graduate school loans are available from Student Financial Aid Services to students who plan to attend graduate school full time. Loans range from $500.00-$2000.00 depending on financial need. Students need to apply late spring for the following fall and announcements for the awards will be sent late summer. All applications for assistance need to be completed in full and accompanied with the requested documentation to: Chris Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-985-3320.
- At some point you will probably need to file a transcript request. Find out more information here.
- Lifelong Email: Go to https://portal.microsoftonline.com and fill out information. You receiving an email from Kevin Blankenship, IS&S Staff, on your login information.
- Read the Letter to Seniors from the Technology Resource Center about the transfer of ownership of your laptop, creating an administrative account on your laptop, and important information about software for your laptop.
Keep checking back for more updates and resources!
Thursday, March 19
Spring 2015 GradFEST
Thursday, April 23
||Senior Celebration Dinner
Saturday, May 2
Rain Site: Baird Lounge
Q. Are tickets required for graduation?
A. Yes, tickets are required for the May 2015 Commencement.
Q. Where is guest parking available?
A. Guest parking is available in the following areas:
- Presser Hall lot
- For those with displayed handicapped parking decals, parking is available on Campus Drive. Additional accessible parking is available in the Upper Library lot.
Note: The campus and town will be busier than usual. Please make plans to arrive early.
Q. When will DVDs of the May 2015 Commencement be available?
A. A complimentary DVD copy of the commencement services will be mailed to graduates.
View images from the past Senior Celebration here