Berea Fund Rally Run
The most colorful hour of Homecoming!
The Berea Fund Rally Run celebrates the spirit of Berea College and Bereans everywhere. Come get colorful and learn how the Berea Fund supports a vibrant learning community at Berea College!
About the Run
Date: Saturday, November 9, 2013
Location: Berea City Park Expansion
Directions and Route Map
- The Berea Fund Rally Run is an hour-long fun run. Participants may either run or walk.
- This is a family-friendly event. Bring the kids! Pets, however, should be left at home.
- Participants must register online or at The Hub at Boone Tavern by midnight on Friday, November 8. A signed release form is required to participate.
- The registration fee is $10 for adults and $5 for current Berea students. Children 12 and under are free. Only paid registrants will receive a Berea Fund Rally Run t-shirt. Registrations submitted after Oct. 23 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Participants can expect to be “hit” with color during the race. Participants will also get a packet of non-toxic color to be tossed at the end of the race celebration. The color leaves a chalk like residue on clothes. The color is food grade cornstarch and is 100% natural and safe, but can stain your clothes and skin.
- Water and light morning refreshments (granola bars, fruit) will be provided.
Before the Run
- Oiling your hair well on race morning with coconut oil or a leave in conditioner will make it easier to wash out the color later. This is a particularly useful tip for runners with light colored or highlighted hair.
- You can pick up your runner packet at The Hub at Boone Tavern until midnight on Friday night. If you are not able to pick up your packet at that time, you can pick up your packet at 7 a.m. at the Rally Run check-in table.
Wear/Bring to the Run
- As with any substance, you want to keep color out of your eyes. Some runners may opt to wear glasses or goggles for their eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for their mouths.
- Some runners wear a thick scarf or bandana to cover their hair.
- It’s a good idea to bring some towels or blankets to protect your car seats. Park restrooms will be closed for the season, so no private changing stations will be available.
After the Run
- At 8:30 am, we will have an end-of-run celebration and the crowd will be given packets of color to throw.
- We will have some fans to help participants get residue off their clothes before leaving.
- Color comes off of your skin easier if you wash with a shampoo or body wash that contains sodium laureth sulfate.